About Joe Douglas and the Santa Monica Track Club
The Santa Monica Track Club (SMTC) has established itself as the finest track club in the United States, and arguably as the most successful in the world. This has been particularly evident at the Olympic and World Championships.
The SMTC was founded in 1972 with the mission to help track and field athletes achieve their bests. The primary purpose of the SMTC is to develop post collegiate athletes for the Olympics, World Championship and international track and field competition. In short, the SMTC is all about performance…and all about business. No club has done as much to take its sport to the next level. The SMTC has fought to initiate and upgrade drug testing programs; it has fought to improve conditions for all elite athletes; it has done more than any other groups to take track and field to the next level: true professionalism.
The SMTC has also created programs for youth and community athletes.
Athletes who have run for the SMTC have accomplished the following:
• Set or tied 37 World Records
• Set or tied 60 American Records
• Made the Olympic Team in every Olympic Games since 1972
• Made the Olympic Team in every flat running event plus the 400H and Long Jump
• Earned 19 gold medals, 5 silver medals, and 3 bronze medals for a total of 27 medals
• Qualified to compete in 55 Olympic events
• Fielded teams that have won the USA National Championships in outdoor track, cross country, and the 15-kilometer road event.
• 162 performances under 4 minutesin the mile or under 3:43 in the 1500 meters by 17 different athletes.
Joe Douglas needs your help and support to keep his athletes running in the Olympics. Donate to Joe today!
Donate Button to be added soon…check back to Donate!
In the meantime, please email email@example.com for inquiries how to donate to our non-profit organization.